POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... : Re: You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Feb 2009 00:03:12
Message: <498bc490$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:36:56 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
>> I went on a business trip (partly business) to Tucson, Arizona a few
>> years
>
> I was hiking behind a couple of college-age girls in Zion National Park
> a few years go.
> http://www.wallpaper.net.au/wallpapers/landscapes-scenery/Zion-National-
Park-Utah-Jon-Zander-2-1024x768.jpg
> Think Wile E. Coyote landscape.
>
> They were from Phoenix Arizona, and they were complaining about how
> humid it was, then mentioned something about going to college in New
> Jersey. I said "If you think this is humid, you're going to need to buy
> a dehumidifier." One of the girls said "A *de*humidifier? They make
> those??"

LOL

I remember going to school in Florida; the humidity there was insanely
high most of the time.  The only place I've been where there was more
humidity was Cancun (I spent about 15 minutes there on a trip to Mexico
City - we missed our connection in Chicago and ended up on a chartered
flight that had a stop in Cancun before going to Mexico City).  We got
off the plane, turned in our customs forms, and got back on the plane.

And in the span of that time, I think everyone's clothes got soaked
enough that you'd think we'd been standing in the rain.  But the sky was
clear. :-)

Jim