POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? (Message 171 to 180 of 218)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
Date: 31 Jan 2009 03:03:43
Message: <498405df$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> What, watching for changes without polling?  There have been multiple
> ways to do that sort of thing for years and years. I think Win95 had it,
> and more recently with NTFS you have the USN journal, so your program
> doesn't even need to be running to watch for changes.

No, snapshotting, which you answered on the another message.

>> I'll shout "Finally" rather than croon. One thing I've been missing on
>> Windows since the 90's.
>
> Well, there's a bunch of add-on packages that do a decent job of it.

I've found one (don't remember the name tho - that was 10 years ago),
but honestly I haven't checked in couple of years. It not so bothering
anymore, while I'm having almost enough desktop at work (2*24" LCD,
total being 2400x1920 pixels), but when running on laptop, it would ease
up a lot.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message