POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jan 2009 13:30:02
Message: <498498aa@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> I've found one (don't remember the name tho - that was 10 years ago),

"Shock 4 Way 3D" works nicely (at least under Vista) as does QTTaskbar.
(QTTaskbar isn't, IIRC, a virtual desktop, but something else that gives
nice window management.)

Did a bunch of research into it when I was first setting up Vista here,
since it was easy to say "Gee, that piece of freeware hosed my whole
machine, but no biggie." :-)  Avoid "Start++", as it doesn't uninstall
completely if you don't want it, and thus continues to try to do automatic
type-ahead completion and stuff then invokes code you've removed from the
machine.  Bleh.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"