POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Outgunned (Message 52 to 61 of 111)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Outgunned
Date: 23 Jan 2009 01:46:42
Message: <6787E8C1B0914BE3A68C8D29D6BCA774@HomePC>

Not really... IIRC, it's a one-liner to load a new stylesheet (thereby
replacing all formatting, placement, coloring, background, etc in your
page).

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 23 Jan 2009 04:24:31
Message: <49798ccf$1@news.povray.org>
> When I read the CSS spec, I didn't see anything that lets you escape the
> fundamental top-to-bottom layout algorithm of HTML. Unless I missed an
> entire section somewhere or something...

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#positioning-scheme

Note "Normal flow", "Floats" and "Absolute positioning".

Even in the old original CSS1 you had this section:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1-961217#floating-elements

"Using the 'float' property, an element can be declared to be outside the
normal flow of elements..."

Post a reply to this message