POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jan 2009 04:50:30
Message: <497992e6$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>> Not quite as visually impressive, but look at this:
>>
>> http://www.slimeland.com/
>>
>> Now click on the various "stylesheet" buttons, and watch the entire site
>> instantly transform.
>
> Heh, wow, I forgot about that.

...!!

LOL, owned. ;-)

> In theory it's simple: you make the HTML
> using simple structural elements, telling it what's a header, what's a
> section, what's a paragraph, and then you use CSS to put things where you
> want them and make it look nice.

This is what CSS was always meant to be. I spent a lot of time at uni
fiddling with different fonts and colours and so forth. But the idea
that you can *move* content from place to place is pretty mind-blowing.

I mean, the plan was always that CSS was supposed to let you control
presentation completely seperately from content. It's just a bit of a
shock to my system to discover that the highly limited CSS standards in
existence how *already* allow you to do this. o_O

> In practice, you have to know a lot of
> hacks and tricks and what works in what browser. I spent a lot of time
> learning that sort of thing in high school and college.

Yay, that sounds like trippy-fun! :-/

>> PS. Last updated in... 2005? Wow.
>
> Somewhere along the way I got bored with it. =)

*checks*

Um... yeah. 2007.

http://www.orphi.me.uk/rev1/Root.html

>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

...but you still advertise it. How sweet. ;-)

PS. The JavaScript raytracer doesn't seem to want to work for me any
more... :-(