POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: scott
Date: 23 Jan 2009 04:24:31
Message: <49798ccf$1@news.povray.org>
> When I read the CSS spec, I didn't see anything that lets you escape the
> fundamental top-to-bottom layout algorithm of HTML. Unless I missed an
> entire section somewhere or something...

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#positioning-scheme

Note "Normal flow", "Floats" and "Absolute positioning".

Even in the old original CSS1 you had this section:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1-961217#floating-elements

"Using the 'float' property, an element can be declared to be outside the
normal flow of elements..."