POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My CV (revision #6) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  My CV (revision #6) (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Tom Austin
Subject: Re: My CV (revision #6)
Date: 21 Nov 2008 12:13:36
Message: <4926ec40$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Tom Austin wrote:
>> I wish we were hiring ;-)
>
> Hahahaha!
>
> Well, that *would* make my task rather easier, yes. ;-)
>
> (Altough... which random part of the planet do *you* live in? It's
> always important to check this when speaking on teh interwebs.)

some place you said you hated to visit

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 21 Nov 2008 12:24:49
Message: <4926eee1$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> housing industry weren't in the toilet,

That actually makes it an excellent time to rent a place. All the people
who need to get out of the house will take money from you to live in the
house they can't use right now anyway.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 21 Nov 2008 14:32:07
Message: <49270cb7$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> What do we think of this then?

Muuuch better!

Just a few nits:

Personally, I'd leave "bright" in there. You'll have to decide. :-)

"Learned Tcl/Tk in a week" is misspelled.

Instead of "(see next point)", I'd write "(including those described
next)".  This implies there are many you did, but the next ones are most
important.

I'm not sure I'd use the word "routine" in "routine recording of
changes". It sounds mundane. "Proactive recording of changes" perhaps,
or something like that. Something implying it's not just mundane, but
important to be consistent. "Consistent and proactive recording of all
changes in configuration and procedures."

"fault-finding" is maybe a poor choice of words? It sounds like
"figuring out who to blame" to my ears, even tho I know it's the right
term. "fault tracing" perhaps?

Get rid of "(particularly backup and restore)". Seconded. :-)

Year 1: "soft systems analysis and design"?  Did you mean "software
systems"?

"Caving" is technically called "spelunking". Not sure if you want to
change that, tho.
http://www.postimage.org/aVjnTir-3282b5978015eb66e807f0718a013507.gif

Overall, yes, much better. I'd hire that one. :-)