POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Another day of strife (Message 61 to 70 of 122)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: My CV
Date: 20 Nov 2008 06:37:53
Message: <49254c11$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> You need to learn to come across more positive, almost every comment
> you've made in this thread has been negative.  People give helpful
> suggestions and almost every time you just throw it back to them with
> some trivial made-up excuse why it won't work.

Actually I agreed with quite a few of the comments (e.g., your
suggestion that I remove the ancient history from my CV).

> No wonder you can't find
> another job if that attitude comes across in your CV/letter/interview.
>
> You seem to be under this delusion that for every job advertised there
> will be hundreds of people applying with the perfect match of experience
> and qualifications.  Get real, that hardly ever happens even in large
> companies.

Given the spectacular lack of success I've experienced during the course
of my entire career - nay, my entire *life* - I guess that's not so
surprising, eh?

I take your point. It's just rather hard to believe something when all
the available evidence consistently points to the contrary. Even if,
rationally, you know the available evidence is somewhat skewed.

Still, you'd think that a huge, well-known company like Google or Nokia
would constantly have far more applicants than they know what to do
with. It is most unlikely that *I* would be the best of the entire pack.

Post a reply to this message