POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: My CV Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Nov 2008 06:53:41
Message: <49254fc5$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> It is most unlikely that *I* would be the best of the entire pack.
>
> Why not? How many people do you think know Haskell?  If you turned up
> for interview with 4 other people, do you really think they would all
> also know Haskell?  How many of them do you think would have written a
> working function parser (is that what it is called?) like the one you
> did?  That's not trivial stuff.

Sure. But if I turn out for an interview with 4,000 other people, what
are the chances that I'm the *only* person who knows Haskell?

> Wasn't there some job someone posted here a while ago that specifically
> mentioned Haskell?

Yeah. I applied. And I never heard a word in reply...

(But then, it was posted on the Haskell mailing list. There I'm just a
mino; there are people on that list who comprehend System F and so forth.)

> I'm sure that in the large companies like Nokia, MS,
> Google etc they have plenty of areas where you would fit in perfectly.

I did actually take a look at Microsoft Research Cambridge the other
day... but I couldn't figure out what the hell they were talking about. Heh.