POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 (Message 90 to 99 of 189)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
Date: 1 Nov 2008 21:40:01
Message: <web.490d04c0769b3230b20e784d0@news.povray.org>
> Darren New wrote:
> > It's just hard to explain to someone who only uses the computer casually.
>
> For example, try to explain to someone who doesn't know the difference
> between a root account and a normal account why UAC is a good thing. :-)

The UAC in Vista is schizophrenic.  It's not simply sudo, it's shell-shocked
sudo on crack and will annoy you to no end.  I'm on an admin account, with UAC
/turned off/ (or at least as off as it can be) and it still annoys me from time
to time with stupidities like asking wether I'm sure I should let notepad show
me an html source...

Post a reply to this message