POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 18:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: nemesis
Date: 2 Nov 2008 01:50:23
Message: <490d3f9f@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> and it still annoys me from time
>> to time with stupidities like asking wether I'm sure I should let
>> notepad show
>> me an html source...
>
> How do you make it do that, other than trying to open an HTML file you
> don't have unpriv'ed read access to?

Generally by trying to view the source of any website from within IE7.
It's true and I'll be glad to take a picture of the lame moment once I'm
back at work on monday.  More than once it also asks me if I should
permit an already installed program to execute.  I'm not making this up
nor trying to spread FUD...

What really annoys me the most is that I'm quite sure I turned the
damned UAC feature off...