POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sandwich Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Sandwich (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: Invisible
Subject: Sandwich
Date: 15 Sep 2008 05:31:00
Message: <48ce2b54$1@news.povray.org>
My mum has just sent me an email saying that the price of cheese (my
favourite food) has gone up by 10% in the last week.

1 tonne of cheese.

the stuff, and I'm sure it doesn't include refrigerating it in the shop
or any other overheads, but basically the price you pay is about 10x the
price the shop pays. That's an impressive price difference...

Also, I was under the impression that *all* food prices have gone up. So
my mum's comment that "you'd better start eating something else" seems a
bit daft to me.

No doubt at some point somebody will blame all this on the credit
crunch. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the
"credit crunch" exists exactly because... everybody says it exists. If
the world woke up tomorrow and everybody decided that the credit crunch
was over and they were just going to act normal... there wouldn't be a
problem any more.

If you think about it for a moment, it's quite amazing the power mankind
how has to screw itself just by thinking about it. It only takes one
news reporter to say "but don't panic-buy, there's plenty of fuel" and
within hours every filling station in the land has been denuded of fuel.
How powerful reverse psychology is! A crysis exists because somebody
says so.

I think Mr Adams said it right, when he wrote "In summary, people are a
problem."

In a more or less unrelated thread... Which is healthier? A cheese
sandwich, or a packet of crisps?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/