POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sandwich : Re: Sandwich Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sandwich
From: scott
Date: 15 Sep 2008 07:03:18
Message: <48ce40f6$1@news.povray.org>
>> Supermarkets also sell a hell of an amount of stuff each day.  Within the
>> first few minutes of being open they probably have enough money to pay
>> all their staff and rent the building for the day.
>
> Really? As fast as that?

Tesco's turnover is 47.3 billion pounds and they employ 273028 people (from
wikipedia).  Assume average salary of 7 pounds / hour and 24 hour opening,
and it takes just 21 minutes of sales each day to pay the entire workforce.

> Any ideas what the *actual* price is then?

Funnily enough it doesn't seem to say on any article...  I found one that
said it was 2000 per ton, but that was from a long time ago - maybe it's
around 4000 now?

>> Even full-fat cheese is usually only 40-60% fat.
>
> Really? So what's the rest of it then?

Water?