POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Data recovery (Message 61 to 70 of 128)
From: St
Subject: Re: Data recovery
Date: 30 Aug 2008 18:07:21
Message: <48b9c499@news.povray.org>
"Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> wrote in message

> The problem now is, when booting up on such an non OS specific software,
> to my

> cheap
> programs would still probably do the trick. So, unless you want to pay
> somebody
> a lot of money to recover your data, using USB drives (small sticks or
> bigger
> drives) for backups may not be a great idea.

  Wow, thanks for the heads-up Hildur. I've just bought a USB 500Gig
external hard drive, and I'm trying to save every important doc/file to it.

    After what you've said though, I guess it's best to unplug it as soon as
I can, and just put it in some dark corner somewhere. ;)

> photo
> card reader more than once made the stick unreadable and then the system
> told me
> it was unformatted and I lost every single photo! By merely inserting the
> stick
> everything was gone. There was nothing I could do about it. Very annoying!

    Gah, I feel for you!

     (Hope you are well).

       ~Steve~

> Hildur

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:07:12 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>    After what you've said though, I guess it's best to unplug it as soon as
>I can, and just put it in some dark corner somewhere. ;)

You can store it with me Steve ;)
I think we're talking about a ram drive here not a HD.
I've had problems removing ram drive from Windows 2000 where you have to stop
the drive but not with XP or Vista.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:07:12 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>

>>    After what you've said though, I guess it's best to unplug it as soon
>> as
>>I can, and just put it in some dark corner somewhere. ;)
>
> You can store it with me Steve ;)

     LOL! I'm sure it would be safe. Thanks mate, prepare for a 50Gig
download!

       Hehe... :)

> I think we're talking about a ram drive here not a HD.

   Oh, I was going by what Hildur said about "small sticks or *bigger
drives*"

> I've had problems removing ram drive from Windows 2000 where you have to
> stop
> the drive but not with XP or Vista.

      In my early days, I heard so much 'bad' as regard to win 2000 that I
just had to go with win 98. (Like everyone else that wanted a 'computer'
back then).

      ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards