POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 31 Aug 2008 16:17:07
Message: <48bafc43$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I don't know of any USB hard drives that aren't regular hard drives with
> USB slapped on the side (altho I expect maybe there might be some).

Probably there isn't and won't be such device easily available. It's
probably a bit cheaper (=profitable) to install ready hard drives from
the same line which sends them to OEM computer manufacturers than to
start making a new model.

OTOH we'll see how USB-HD's can carry on, since eSATA is also getting to
be possible choice. I upgraded my homeserver and changed the case to a
cheap entry-level one (still much better than it used to be.. actually I
think it's quite good) and it has eSATA-connector in the front panel (I
couldn't plug it in, though, since it would've used 1 SATA-connector
from the mobo - and I needed all 6 of them inside).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net