POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Aug 2008 05:07:45
Message: <gtmkb455i6an1md5gnpqv50b6gop4558ma@4ax.com>
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:41:32 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>> You can store it with me Steve ;)
>
>     LOL! I'm sure it would be safe. Thanks mate, prepare for a 50Gig
>download!

Hay! I was talking about storing the drive ;)

>       Hehe... :)

	Ho! Ho! :)

>> I think we're talking about a ram drive here not a HD.
>
>   Oh, I was going by what Hildur said about "small sticks or *bigger
>drives*"

I read that differently and thought he was talking about recovery. Hmm!

>> I've had problems removing ram drive from Windows 2000 where you have to
>> stop
>> the drive but not with XP or Vista.
>
>      In my early days, I heard so much 'bad' as regard to win 2000 that I
>just had to go with win 98. (Like everyone else that wanted a 'computer'
>back then).

I've only ever used 2000 at work, where it seems one of the standards. There is
an icon on the notification area of the taskbar that you have to click and stop
the drive/USB device before removing any hardware. A real PITA until you get
into the habit :)
--

Regards
     Stephen