POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Data recovery (Message 41 to 50 of 128)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Data recovery
Date: 27 Aug 2008 11:20:08
Message: <48b570a8$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> If stuff costs money then fine. But don't claim something is free when
> it isn't. That's deception.

That's "Search Engine Optimization".  :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 27 Aug 2008 11:43:02
Message: <48b57606@news.povray.org>
>>> Yeah, I can see how that might corrupt the filesystem. But badly
>>> enough to render it unreadable? You would think you'd just get a few
>>> filesystem inconsistencies. The error message sounds more like the
>>> superblock is unreadable or something...
>>>

>> Depends on what the computer is doing when the stick is pulled out.
>> Think what could happen, if the computer were writing file allocation
>> tables...
>
> Or, say, the superblock. ;-)

Yeah, but AFAIK you only write to the superblock when you initially
format the volume?

I can understand a file or folder being broken, but the entire FS?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/