POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Aug 2008 17:46:52
Message: <48b5cb4c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I can see how that would be. What I don't see is why the hell you would
> ever be writing data to anywhere near this location...

Flash isn't like a disk drive. It's electronic. If you zap the
electronics by (for example) pulling it out while it's writing, I don't
know what it would mess up.

And, as I said, there *is* a flag somewhere, I think, that says whether
the disk needs to be checked when remounted.  I *think* that's in the
root block.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)