POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Am I growing a tinfoil hat? (Message 1 to 10 of 135)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
Date: 5 Aug 2008 20:02:49
Message: <4898ea29$1@news.povray.org>
Is it just me being paranoid?  In order to avoid service charges on my
credit card, it has been my practice to maintain a constant positive
balance on the card.  Enough that I wouldn't, though my own
forgetfulness, incur a service charge because some amount I charged hit
just at the due date and I forget to put money in.  So now I see a debit
on my account marked REFUND AS R.

I phone the bank.  I'm informed that it means REFUND AS REQUESTED.  Who
requested?  Not me for sure.  The bank's system requested it, and, I am
told, sent me the check.  And now I owe $9.50 on the account.  I am told
that the back is required to refund a long-standing credit on the account.

'You mean I can't keep a positive balance on my credit card so as to
avoid a service charge?'

'Let me ask my supervisor'

:elevator music:

'Mr Charter my supervisor says the system is set up to refund any long
standing credit.  She advises that if you want to keep a credit on the
account that it be no more than about $50.'

Unbelievable.  So I am forced so play a sort of Russian roulette trying
to keep the balance equal to my charges and I am allowed a $50 buffer to
work with.  I dunno.  I feel conspired against.

Post a reply to this message