POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 6 Aug 2008 05:22:46
Message: <48996d66@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Is it just me being paranoid?

I've never let a credit card charge me a 'service fee'. The trick, so
far, has been to read all the paperwork with someone else and to avoid
any thing they offer over the phone. Sure, some cards do have a monthly
or yearly fee, but I never got one of those.

I would say paying it on time is key, but with the companies cutting
grace periods down to 20 days, and then waiting till 3 days after the
closing date to actually mail a statement, it can get tough. I've
switched to paying online. When I pay the one bill, make a note of the
next closing on the calendar and be ready for it next month.

So, no, not paranoid. Paranoid would be using cash for everything to
stay untraceable. Or refusing to use cash because the serial numbers
could be traced back to you. Or worse.