POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Aug 2008 21:14:53
Message: <4898fb0d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Is it just me being paranoid?

No. In lots of countries, the finance systems of this type are set up to
require a refund of over-paid bills.

I suggest that instead of this, you call the bank and say "I'd like you
to waive my annual fee indefinitely."  They'll waive it for one year
(assuming you've been a good boy) and put it on the next year. Call them
up next year, tell them to waive it indefinitely again and you mean it
this time, and they'll see it was waived before and waive it indefinitely.

Then, pay your bills on time.

> And now I owe $9.50 on the account.

Uh, so pay it. A credit card is for credit, not a bank account. :-)

> 'You mean I can't keep a positive balance on my credit card so as to
> avoid a service charge?'

No.  It's a credit card. (At least in the USA. IANAL.)

> Unbelievable.  So I am forced so play a sort of Russian roulette trying
> to keep the balance equal to my charges and I am allowed a $50 buffer to
> work with.  I dunno.  I feel conspired against.

Don't you have a grace period in which to pay charges to the card? I
never had this problem.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to