POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: somebody
Date: 6 Aug 2008 00:21:50
Message: <489926de$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

> Is it just me being paranoid?  In order to avoid service charges on my
> credit card, it has been my practice to maintain a constant positive
> balance on the card.

Why is it so difficult to pay off your balance each month, especially in
this day and age of electronic banking? It takes less effort than trying to
maintain a positive balance.

> Enough that I wouldn't, though my own forgetfulness, incur a service
> charge because some amount I charged hit just at the due date and
> I forget to put money in.

That's why there's a delay and a grace period. Even if you forget a payment,
calling within a reasonable time and saying you got the bill late in mail or
some other lame excuse, they will rollback the charge - remember, they want
your business.

> Unbelievable.  So I am forced so play a sort of Russian roulette trying to
> keep the balance equal to my charges and I am allowed a $50 buffer to
> work with.  I dunno.  I feel conspired against.

I am not sure you have a grasp of how credit cards work. There's no russian
roulette, you get a bill, you pay it. It's no different than phone, gas,
electricity, water, taxes, insurance... etc. Do you also maintain a positive
balance on all of those?