POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Am I growing a tinfoil hat? (Message 31 to 40 of 135)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
Date: 7 Aug 2008 00:47:26
Message: <489a7e5e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>

>>> 'You mean I can't keep a positive balance on my credit card so as to
>>> avoid a service charge?'
>>

>> No.  It's a credit card. (At least in the USA. IANAL.)
>>

> Yeah I guess.  But that's the reason?  Since it's called a credit card
> account I can't keep a positive balance as a buffer?

No. Because it's a credit card, it's highly regulated. I believe one of
the regulations is that they can't hold on to more than $X for more than
Y days without refunding it, to prevent them from (for example) having
you dispute a charge and then having them "refund" the money without
actually returning it to you.

Try paying an extra three months ahead on your water bill some time, and
see if they don't send it back.

> I don't know, I assume so after reading these responses, I don't really
> understand all the details, that's why I thought a +ve balance would
> just be simpler.

Probably reading the rules is easier. Check for "grace period" and see
what it says.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to

Post a reply to this message