POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Aug 2008 04:20:32
Message: <op.ufib2jmwc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 06 Aug 2008 01:02:40 +0100, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
did spake, saying:

> Is it just me being paranoid?  In order to avoid service charges on my
> credit card, it has been my practice to maintain a constant positive
> balance on the card.  Enough that I wouldn't, though my own
> forgetfulness, incur a service charge because some amount I charged hit
> just at the due date and I forget to put money in.  So now I see a debit
> on my account marked REFUND AS R.

Like Steve I'm following this thread and getting confused, but for a
different reason. I have a credit card with one company, I've authorised
them to withdraw (and pay in) money to one of my bank accounts (another
company). About the second week of the month then pull the full amount
owed for the previous month. The only time I have to do anything is if I
don't want that to happen and I just want to pay the minimum and then
incur interest charges.

Same thing with the majority of utility bills - the invoice comes through
and the payment drawn a few days later. In some case they'll charge you an
'admin' fee for not doing it this way.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com