POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 7 Aug 2008 08:19:42
Message: <489ae85e$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> More specifically, see what your grace period is and what your monthly
> billing date is. Sign up for on-line bill paying at your bank. Complain
> at them if it isn't free, or at least if it costs more than a stamp.

Yes I have to understand this grace period concept better.  I was under
the impression that at say midnight of the day of the due date which is
I think the 15th of the month, if I happened to have an amount owed
showing, then I would be charged interest.  But if I put a transfer in
to pay it before the deadline I would be okay.  So far, try as I might,
I seem to forget to check at deadline time.

I do pay most of my bills online, but as onetime payments usually.

> When you get the credit card bill, log in to your bank and set up a
> payment of the amount you owe, to go thru several days before it's due.

Yeah I know, and most of hte time that works, it's just taxing for me to
caonstantly remember.

> Job complete.
>
> More-organized people collect the mail, open the bills, and put them
> into a little sorter with 31 slots in it, one for each day by which you
> have to deal with that bill, available at all good office supply stores.
> Then each day, when you pick up the mail, you look at which slots are
> coming up and handle at least the looming ones if not all of them.

Wow! That's just way out of my league.  Even if I had the space for such
a device my mail would start lapping the month.

> Usually you have at least a week to pay any bills you get, often two or
> three. So sit down once a week at a specific time on a specific day and
> spend 10 minutes dealing with it, even if it's just writing the checks
> and stamping the envelopes rather than working it online.

Gawd, shoot me now.

> Failure to pay your cable bills on time is probably dinging your credit
> card accounts as well.

Probably

Thanks for taking the time, Darren