POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 7 Aug 2008 08:06:27
Message: <489ae543$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Wed, 06 Aug 2008 01:02:40 +0100, Jim Charter
> <jrc### [at] msncom>  did spake, saying:
>
>> Is it just me being paranoid?  In order to avoid service charges on
>> my  credit card, it has been my practice to maintain a constant
>> positive  balance on the card.  Enough that I wouldn't, though my own
>> forgetfulness, incur a service charge because some amount I charged
>> hit  just at the due date and I forget to put money in.  So now I see
>> a debit  on my account marked REFUND AS R.
>

> Like Steve I'm following this thread and getting confused, but for a
> different reason. I have a credit card with one company, I've
> authorised  them to withdraw (and pay in) money to one of my bank
> accounts (another  company). About the second week of the month then
> pull the full amount  owed for the previous month. The only time I have
> to do anything is if I  don't want that to happen and I just want to pay
> the minimum and then  incur interest charges.
>
> Same thing with the majority of utility bills - the invoice comes
> through  and the payment drawn a few days later. In some case they'll
> charge you an  'admin' fee for not doing it this way.

Yeah, I might try and get organized enough to try something like that.
At least for bills.  I didn't know you could do it for credit card.

You're probably confused because normally people of my age are a little
more mature about these matters.

I had that set up once apon a time, I think with either cable or phone
but had one of the payments bounce.  The company disallowed me to use
that method after that.  I should probably try to set it up again.

With credit card though, I did like my +ve balance idea because it did
cause me to monitor activity on the card, but gave me a cushion if I got
the timing wrong.