POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Am I growing a tinfoil hat? (Message 111 to 120 of 135)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
Date: 13 Aug 2008 15:26:13
Message: <48a33555$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I noted with amusement that nowhere on the list was "associate your
> brand with a product people like."

	Forgive my cynicism, but for products like cars and soft drinks, people
don't "like" what they like. They "like" what they see in commercials.

	Actually, it goes well beyond cars and soft drinks. General
electronics, cell phones, certain packaged items.

	The book is spot on. Creating a product that actually does the job well
and is pleasurable to use often doesn't compete well with those products
that follow the tips in the book.

	Along Jim's thread, I actually refused to go to Hardees for many years
because of *really* obnoxious ads. I figured ads should work both ways.<G>

--

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl

Post a reply to this message