POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! (Message 31 to 40 of 82)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
Date: 28 Jul 2008 11:56:05
Message: <488dec15$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Why do people always interpret things in the worst possible way? If a
> police officer parks in an illegal place to get food, everyone immediately
> interprets it as the officer being arrogant and thinking he is superior
> and above the law. Why can't people think more positively: The police
> officer always maximizes his readiness to respond to emergencies.

	This whole discussion is fairly amusing.

	There's a law. The law did not make exceptions for the police. If
people think exceptions should be made, let them try to have it
codified. The police officer can't be let off the hook because _some_
people think they should.

	In the US, one can challenge such tickets. So to me it just makes the
most sense that the officers get ticketed without exception, and they
can then go in front of a judge and try to explain the rigors of their
work and the justification for an exemption. It's the judge's job to
interpret the law, not that of the police officer who does the ticketing.

--
Fax me no questions, I'll Fax you no lies!

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl

Post a reply to this message