POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jul 2008 12:23:30
Message: <488df280@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>         This whole discussion is fairly amusing.

>         There's a law. The law did not make exceptions for the police. If
> people think exceptions should be made, let them try to have it
> codified. The police officer can't be let off the hook because _some_
> people think they should.

  Personally, I wasn't discussing whether the police office broke the law
or not, but whether it makes sense to allow the police in general more
leniency eg. in parking if it's logically justifiable.

  If the judge was forced to fine the police officer because of the letter
of the law, perhaps the law should be changed.

--
                                                          - Warp