POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 28 Jul 2008 12:28:09
Message: <op.ue0fyjhyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:26:46 +0100, Tom Austin <taustin> did spake,
saying:

> I once say a police car pull up at a McDonalds and block (2) handicapped
> stalls because he parked badly.  He was not in uniform.  He got out and
> proceeded to return a video the video machine there.  He then went
> inside and got something and came back out.  All in all he was there for
> about 5 minutes.
>
> What frustrated me was that he looked off duty (but that may not have
> been the case), blocked 2 handicapped stalls - all with about 5 empty
> parking spaces about 25 feet away that were easy to get into and out of
> - ie pull through.

Ah now see he had to get to the video store to return the video otherwise
they'd have blacklisted him. He then wouldn't be able to get videos for
his 'downtime' relaxation thus increasing his tension and impacting on his
ability as a police officer. Parking across two stalls was the only way of
being able to keep an eye on his vehicle and thus necessary in the pursuit
of his duties.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com