POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : secure way to transfer money? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  secure way to transfer money? (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: andrel
Subject: secure way to transfer money?
Date: 22 Jul 2008 16:03:59
Message: <48863D69.5030007@hotmail.com>
I want to pay my dues as a supporter of tiritiri matangi
(http://www.tiritirimatangi.org.nz/) What would be a secure way to do
that? Given that I am not in the same country and they are not big
enough to have a secure payment by internet.
It is my impression that e-mailing credit card info is not really save.

- They suggest e-mailing the expiry info separately. It may help but not
much, I guess.

- Will breaking the credicard number in two for separate e-mails or
adding letters in between or something like that help more (packet
sniffing will not find 16 consecutive numbers that conform to a pattern).

- Is it really not possible to have secure credit card payment for small
groups? They do have a shop on the island and you can order
internationally by internet.

- They mention 'Direct Credit / Internet Banking' with an account
number. I have not heard of that before. They don't mention the name of
the bank. So do I have to ask for more info?

- any other options or suggestions?

Post a reply to this message