POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : secure way to transfer money? : Re: secure way to transfer money? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: secure way to transfer money?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jul 2008 18:46:03
Message: <4886632b@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 00:01:43 +0200, andrel wrote:

> Sure, but in most cases when multiple cards are misused you can trace it
> back to one or more stores if that happens. With e-mail it can happen
> anywhere. I guess that whatever I write to these guys in NZ my mail will
> pass through the US at some point and at least their security service
> will scan it for tell tale words. When I'd fly to the US they also want
> my recent credit card info, so I assume they also filter those numbers
> out from e-mails that happen to pass through their territory. Actually
> they would do that even for e-mails that never reach the US. And so
> would the dutch and the sovjet intelligence services.

Huh?  Our border folks ask for *credit card info* upon entry to the US?
That's news to me....But I always go through the "citizens" line, so I'm
not as familiar with what the process is for non-citizens.

But it's not so much about the security services - it's about the thieves
who use the information for their own ends.

Jim