POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting comment about jury/judge stuff... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Interesting comment about jury/judge stuff... (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Darren New
Subject: Interesting comment about jury/judge stuff...
Date: 14 Jun 2008 20:33:19
Message: <4854634f$1@news.povray.org>
"""
Most legal processes work on the theory that every case has exactly two
opposed sides and that it is easier to find two biased humans than one
unbiased one.  Between the prosecution and the defense, someone has a
motive to present any given piece of evidence, so the court will see all
the evidence; that is the theory.
"""

Perhaps it's easier to balance out biases with 12 people than with 1 or 3?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints:

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:33:18 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Perhaps it's easier to balance out biases with 12 people than with 1 or
> 3?

That's an interesting observation and comment - never really thought
about it that way, but it is interesting.

Jim

Post a reply to this message