POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting comment about jury/judge stuff... : Re: Interesting comment about jury/judge stuff... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting comment about jury/judge stuff...
From: John VanSickle
Date: 15 Jun 2008 05:22:57
Message: <4854df71@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> """
> Most legal processes work on the theory that every case has exactly two
> opposed sides and that it is easier to find two biased humans than one
> unbiased one.  Between the prosecution and the defense, someone has a
> motive to present any given piece of evidence, so the court will see all
> the evidence; that is the theory.
> """

More to the point, our courts have the tendency to see the jury as
twelve ignorant bumpkins who need to be led to the proper conclusion by
the ever-more-wise-and-knowledgeable judge.  Which leads to a situation
opposite of that of the aforementioned theory:  The judge ruling that
certain categories of evidence and testimony may not be presented in court.

Regards,
John