POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When are they going to realise.. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  When are they going to realise.. (Message 21 to 30 of 66)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: When are they going to realise..
Date: 3 Jun 2008 17:52:06
Message: <4845bd06$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>> You know I'm going to be question any article that begins with:
>
>> "Europeans and other potential enemies of the US..."
>
>   That expression just sounded like sarcasm to me. I would be surprised
> if the author wrote it seriously.

	I agree - which is why I don't expect it to objective. Since I don't
know him, I'll assume the author is trying to make a case, and is
willing to use any tactic that he can to get the message across -
including ignoring data points to the contrary (i.e. selective data).

	If he had provided links to more background information (that was a bit
more on the descriptive rather than opinionated side), then I may be
interested.

	If I already knew something about the subject of the article, then I
may actually read it - but I don't, and I don't want to find out through
him.

	A very casual glance at the article suggests the article is of use only
to those who already know what he's talking about and agree with him.
Why bother?

--
On a clear disk you can seek forever.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z