POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  A small puzzle (Message 159 to 168 of 198)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: A small puzzle
Date: 24 May 2008 17:22:59
Message: <no1h341ck8a7ia431tqs57vieidaebiier@4ax.com>
On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:21:59 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>I never saw one that was that complex, except an architectural ruler.
>Maybe I don't do the sort of work that sort of ruler helps with.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architect's_scale

Lordy, I remember those but what I described was a ruler we bought for
school.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 May 2008 20:40:10
Message: <4838b56a$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:01:40 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24 May 2008 14:55:15 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>Kilo = abbreviation of kilogram (as Andrel said), but the funnier part
>>is if you read "meter" not as a distance, but rather a device for
>>measuring something (think water meter or gas meter).
>
> Oh! The shame needing an American to explain English what will Phil C
> think of me :-)

;-)  Some Americans actually do speak English, though - I find myself
actually having to correct my spelling often because I tend to use
British spelling conventions rather than American.  When I send out a
newsletter, I often have to read it a second time to 'Americanise' the
spellings just to avoid having half my audience tell me I can't spell. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message