POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 May 2008 13:49:09
Message: <4839a695@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 25 May 2008 17:36:03 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24 May 2008 20:40:10 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>;-)  Some Americans actually do speak English, though - I find myself
>>actually having to correct my spelling often because I tend to use
>>British spelling conventions rather than American.  When I send out a
>>newsletter, I often have to read it a second time to 'Americanise' the
>>spellings just to avoid having half my audience tell me I can't spell.
>>;-)
>
> LOL :)

I honestly don't know when or why I started writing that way.  One of the
more bizarre things that's happened to me in my life, though, was that
during the 2002 winter games here in Salt Lake, we got out of town and
stayed with friends in Bucks.  Shaun was preparing for a trip to the US a
few weeks later, so he decided to practice his American on us, and we
were speaking English while we were there.  I had to tell him to stop
speaking American to us because it was confusing us, and he said he
figured it was a good time to practice for his upcoming trip. :-)

We've been seriously talking about moving over there, but with the recent
changes in immigration there, when we get to the point we can, we will
probably start in Scotland (we've got friends both in Edinburough as well
as about halfway between Edinburough and Glasgow).  Ireland was another
possibility, though we don't know anyone directly who lives there (I have
a former coworker whom I'm good friends with who is from Dundalk, just
outside of Dublin) and he's got family still there.  But if we were to
start in Ireland, we really like Galway (though haven't been there, so
we'd want to visit first <g>).

The move may never happen, but it's something we'd like to do at least
for a while.  My job is such that I could do it pretty much anywhere in
the world, so that's not an issue (though that does mean I can't get paid
relocation if I stay where I am).

Jim