POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 May 2008 20:40:10
Message: <4838b56a$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:01:40 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24 May 2008 14:55:15 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>Kilo = abbreviation of kilogram (as Andrel said), but the funnier part
>>is if you read "meter" not as a distance, but rather a device for
>>measuring something (think water meter or gas meter).
>
> Oh! The shame needing an American to explain English what will Phil C
> think of me :-)

;-)  Some Americans actually do speak English, though - I find myself
actually having to correct my spelling often because I tend to use
British spelling conventions rather than American.  When I send out a
newsletter, I often have to read it a second time to 'Americanise' the
spellings just to avoid having half my audience tell me I can't spell. ;-)

Jim