POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Valid solution or evil hack? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Valid solution or evil hack? (Message 11 to 20 of 46)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Valid solution or evil hack?
Date: 15 May 2008 05:20:27
Message: <482c005b$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, this is for mission-critical stuff, so we have a service contract
> and all that kind of thing, so we basically get the hardware and software
> they provide. But yeah, if support wasn't an issue, that's probably what
> I'd do...

Yeh, guess you don't want to be held responsible when it breaks for
something mission critical, better to be able to pass the responsibility on
(even if they haven't updated their software since Win3.1!).

Still, you could encourage them to make some updates (like using USB instead
of serial, and writing software for XP/Vista rather than Win3.1), or buy the
system from a more up to date supplier that is less hacky.

Post a reply to this message