POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Irony (Message 1 to 10 of 86)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Irony
Date: 23 Apr 2008 16:49:44
Message: <480fa0e8@news.povray.org>
Somebody sent me a text message that ended with "this message is not
available in arabic, [...] or any other **** immigrant tongue!"

I just found it interesting that "immigrant" is basically a Latin word,
brought to us from Italy when the Romans invaded Britan. And "tongue" is
from an old German language, from when they invided Britan.

In fact, you know what? Basically "our" entire language was created by
these hated "immigrants". So next time you curse them, just remember
that the words you're using to do it with are words THEY INVENTED!

Irony, much?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Somebody sent me a text message that ended with "this message is not
> available in arabic, [...] or any other **** immigrant tongue!"

> I just found it interesting that "immigrant" is basically a Latin word,
> brought to us from Italy when the Romans invaded Britan. And "tongue" is
> from an old German language, from when they invided Britan.

> In fact, you know what? Basically "our" entire language was created by
> these hated "immigrants". So next time you curse them, just remember
> that the words you're using to do it with are words THEY INVENTED!

  I doubt modern immigrants invented modern English.

  Even if someone is prejudiced against *current* immigration, that
doesn't automatically mean he is prejudiced against people from 1000
years ago.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message