POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Irony (Message 21 to 30 of 86)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Irony
Date: 24 Apr 2008 05:41:08
Message: <481055b4@news.povray.org>
> Correct; but one thing is disagreeing with immigration, and another is
> racism...

  Most multuculturalists seem to equate the two things.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 Apr 2008 05:47:19
Message: <48105727$1@news.povray.org>

480fc20a@news.povray.org...

>He's not responsible for what his ancestors did or didn't.

Have you ever noticed that people who claim full glory and responsibility
about the wonderful stuff their ancestors did are often the same who
suddenly claim to have neither shame or responsibility about the horrible
stuff the same ancestors did?

It goes like this :

- Your grandpa's stepfather's cousin invented the nail clipper
- Wow, WE invented the nail clipper in MY family! WE're the greatest family
that ever lived. I'm so proud to be part of that family, to live in the land
that invented the nail clipper and to breathe the air that went through the
lungs of people who invented the nail clipper. No other civilization could
invent the nail clipper! It's in MY genes!
- He made a bundle of money out of it and paid for the family mansion you're
still living in
- WE are a hard-working family and I deserve every single cent from all this
hard work!

- Your grandpa traded slaves and committed genocide
- Not my fault! I wasn't even born! Why should I care?
- He made a bundle of money out of it and paid for the family mansion you're
still living in
- Not my fault! I wasn't even born! Why should I care?

G.

Post a reply to this message