POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Warp
Date: 24 Apr 2008 05:55:54
Message: <4810592a@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:11:06 -0400, Warp wrote:

> >   The history of a person started when he was born.

> Gads, I smell another semantic battle coming up here, so I'll bow out.

  No, it's not about semantics.

  You claim that a person's history consists of his ancestors' history
besides his own life. I disagree. Why should it have any effect on your
actions what your ancestors did or didn't do? Why should your own
ancestors' actions have more effect on yours than the actions of someone
else's ancestors?

  And in this thread in particular: Why should the social status (in this
case being an immigrant) of your distant ancestors have any effect on your
own social status or your opinions? You are not your ancestors. You are
not what they were. You are you, and what you are depends only on what
you have done.

--
                                                          - Warp