POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  RIP Gary Gygax (Message 221 to 230 of 230)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: RIP Gary Gygax
Date: 14 Mar 2008 23:45:00
Message: <web.47db531c8e4d29d2b63cdc7d0@news.povray.org>
> That was my bad. If you're up in the formula-entry bar, the arrow keys
> won't move you out of it, even for up/down.

Of course not, they are used for moving through the text being edited!  Use ESC
to get out.  It's the same in Excel, if I remember correctly...

> This is very reproducable for me.
>
> I open a CSV file with "oocalc yadda.csv"
> I click on one of the cells that has text.
> I type different text without hitting return or anything.
> Neither the little floppy icon nor the save menu is enabled.
> Click on a different cell, and those menus are both enabled.
> Build 2.0.4.7.

Sorry, no problem in 2.2.

> Unless you're already in the top bar. :-)

then, just CTRL+A(ll) and CTRL+C will do.

BTW, there's a way of editing hyperlinks:  enable View -> Hyperlink Bar.  It
should display the editable contents of the hyperlink.  It allows for links in
the  style "click here for foo"... should've gone for the Help from the very
first time, but you know how hackerish geeks can get... :P

Well, we all learned something today, thanks to your cranky complaints... :P

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 05:39:56 +0100, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I open a CSV file with "oocalc yadda.csv"
>> I click on one of the cells that has text.
>> I type different text without hitting return or anything.
>> Neither the little floppy icon nor the save menu is enabled.
>> Click on a different cell, and those menus are both enabled.
>> Build 2.0.4.7.
>
> Sorry, no problem in 2.2.

I can comfirm that the issue exists in 2.3.0 (Windows version).

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

Right. That's why I said "my bad." :-)

> Sorry, no problem in 2.2.

Heh. OK, so I guess someone fixed that one.

>> Unless you're already in the top bar. :-)
> then, just CTRL+A(ll) and CTRL+C will do.

I'm not sure ctrl+C works on my version. Probably.

> BTW, there's a way of editing hyperlinks:  enable View -> Hyperlink Bar.

That's the point at which I got pissed off and dropped into VI to edit
it. ;-)

> Well, we all learned something today, thanks to your cranky complaints... :P

There ya go. And y'all should feel free to bit-bucket me if I get
annoying. I'll try to tone it down. (Unless it's a microsoft product, of
course, because then it's OK to complain about perceived but nonexistent
problems. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"