POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Phil Cook
Date: 17 Mar 2008 07:24:53
Message: <op.t75t34euc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:20:45 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Huh, that's not been my experience.  What version are you looking at?
>
> Whatever is recent. You put the cursor on a cell and start typing, and
> it doesn't replace the entry. You try to cursor off, it doesn't move.
> You replace a cell and go to save the file, and you have to cursor out
> of the cell before it agrees the spreadsheet is changed.

To put it another way the file won't save while you're in edit mode of a
cell or the formula bar.

> You right-click on the place at the top where you enter equations, and
> you don't get a copy/paste menu.

I do. THough I'll admit this is a bit screwed at least in XL2k. Edit a
cell directly and the right-click menu will appear there, but not in the
formular bar. Edit in the formula bar and you can right click in either,
but you'll be changing the edit selection from bar to cell if you
right-click the cell.

> You type something that looks like a URL, then go back and try to change
> it, and it wont let you click the URL to put the cursor inside it.

F2 your functional friend :-) Assuming you don't use the formula bar edit.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com