POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: nemesis
Date: 14 Mar 2008 23:45:00
Message: <web.47db531c8e4d29d2b63cdc7d0@news.povray.org>
> That was my bad. If you're up in the formula-entry bar, the arrow keys
> won't move you out of it, even for up/down.

Of course not, they are used for moving through the text being edited!  Use ESC
to get out.  It's the same in Excel, if I remember correctly...

> This is very reproducable for me.
>
> I open a CSV file with "oocalc yadda.csv"
> I click on one of the cells that has text.
> I type different text without hitting return or anything.
> Neither the little floppy icon nor the save menu is enabled.
> Click on a different cell, and those menus are both enabled.
> Build 2.0.4.7.

Sorry, no problem in 2.2.

> Unless you're already in the top bar. :-)

then, just CTRL+A(ll) and CTRL+C will do.

BTW, there's a way of editing hyperlinks:  enable View -> Hyperlink Bar.  It
should display the editable contents of the hyperlink.  It allows for links in
the  style "click here for foo"... should've gone for the Help from the very
first time, but you know how hackerish geeks can get... :P

Well, we all learned something today, thanks to your cranky complaints... :P