POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Mar 2008 17:56:55
Message: <47e98337$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:29:39 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Worksforme.
>> Worksforme
>> Worksforme
>
> It probably depends on exactly what you've done and what state it's in.

Likely, yes.

> I just know that after about 10 minutes I fell back to editing the CSV
> files with VI. :-)

Well, I probably would have done so as well, or used awk if it was a mass
change.

>>> You right-click
>>> on the place at the top where you enter equations, and you don't get a
>>> copy/paste menu.
>>
>> Never tried this, I always use the keyboard shortcuts.
>
> That didn't work to me.

Shift+Del and Shift+Ins, not CTRL-C and CTRL-V.

>> Does in GNOME - I use that regularly.  This is probably, though, one of
>> my biggest beefs with Linux programs - the copy/paste buffer isn't
>> always common between apps.
>
> Yeah. Or there's more than one of them. Or stuff in the buffer does or
> does not get replaced simply by changing the focus.

I'm pretty sure that it's that there's more than one.  I've noticed a few
instances where exiting an application clears the buffer.  Like Firefox,
for instance.  That drives me a little crazy.

>> I've never had a problem editing URLs in Firefox....
>
> This was specifically a URL that immediately redirected to a different
> URL. I couldn't figure an easy way of copying it into the address bar
> without having to retype it.

I don't know that I follow - you mean like a tinyurl redirector?

Jim