POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Drawings (Message 31 to 40 of 72)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Drawings
Date: 3 Mar 2008 11:03:42
Message: <47cc215e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Damn, now I remember why I usually stick with vector graphics! (But
>> then of course you have to spend countless hours playing with Beizer
>> curves which never ever look quite how you want them to...)
>
> Try scanning in your hand-drawn work and fitting the beziers over the top.

The endless *hours* I've spent fighting with Inkscape trying to make the
curves look smooth though... It's really very hard indeed to make the
curves completely smooth. Even after tuning all the control handles for
ages you can still see where the control points are. :-(

[ Oh yeah, and my mum's scanner isn't working yet. ;-) ]

>> Either way, I can't even draw *lines* as nicely as Tim does!
>
> What tool are you using in the GIMP?

Pencil tool.

> In most art programs you get some
> sort of smoothed line tool that smooths out the lines you draw with the
> mouse. Even in MS PowerPoint you get a freehand tool that smooths out
> squiggly lines you draw with the mouse - you could use that then
> screenshot and import to GIMP for further processing.

Yeah, maybe.

Perhaps I'll try Photoshop Elements tonight...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/