POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings : Re: Drawings Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drawings
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Mar 2008 19:30:44
Message: <47cc9834@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> Try scanning in your hand-drawn work and fitting the beziers over the
>> top.
>
> The endless *hours* I've spent fighting with Inkscape trying to make the
> curves look smooth though... It's really very hard indeed to make the
> curves completely smooth. Even after tuning all the control handles for
> ages you can still see where the control points are. :-(

if you're scanning, why not simply trace the bitmap and go from there on?

If you're drawing on inkscape, though, try these settings with the
calligraphic lines tool:
width: 12 thinning: -0.14 angle: 45+ fixation: 0.85 caps: 0.75

the calligraphic tool is sort of a blend between a free-hand pen tool

out given your chosen settings.  It's very good for a cartoonish style...

You can also have a lot of fun by playing with the wiggle and tremor
parameters... :)