POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreams Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Dreams (Message 50 to 59 of 89)
From: Tom Austin
Subject: Re: Dreams
Date: 28 Feb 2008 08:47:27
Message: <47c6bb6f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> You know how sometimes you're just laying in bed trying to go to sleep,
>> and suddenly you get that feeling like you're falling really fast just
>> for a split second? I really hate that. Makes me jump out of my skin...
>> but then of course you realise you only imagined it.
>
>   Blog... ;)

stop picking on him ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Feb 2008 09:12:59
Message: <47c6c16b$1@news.povray.org>

> Tim Attwood wrote:
>
>> I was taking a bath at the time, and ended up standing there
>> dripping wet in just my undies =)
>
> Thanks for the mental image. That's just how I wanted to start my work
> day... :-}

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/02/27/funny-pictures-cannot-be-unseen/

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 28 Feb 2008 09:19:16
Message: <op.t68ndylqc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:21:13 -0000, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
saying:

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:47c556e3@news.povray.org...
>

>>       Yeah, you would have felt it more than me, I think. It felt like a
>> gentle rumble for about 5 seconds.
>
>     I think I should explain the above further. I was lying on the settee
> watching the telly when it hit, and I thought, "Why is the telly looking
> jerky?" But I finally came to the assumption that it was 'me' that moved!
> Lying on three soft cushions, I felt it more I guess(?!) I *think* I
> heard
> it too - that rumble. Not sure. Some said it sounded like a deeper (read:
> massive) thunder rumble. I'll go with that if they were closer than me.
> Think about it though; that's giant rock structures/formations
> underneath us
> having a bit of a wobble. Ah, you gotta love Mother Nature...  :o/
>
>     Some places are saying that it was 10 seconds long, but for me it was
> nowhere near that, (and I felt it from begining to end).

People saying it lasted "minutes", people further away from the epicentre
then I talking about how it shook everything... as I've said elsewhere -
house went up, house came down.

Really though it was all the news stories that were amusing me. CCTV
footage of the event "the camera shakes violently" um take a camera in
your hand now gently oscillate it up and down and side-to side; ooh yeah
violent.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com