POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think I need more cores... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  I think I need more cores... (Message 1 to 10 of 35)
From: Chambers
Subject: I think I need more cores...
Date: 10 Feb 2008 21:32:34
Message: <47afb3c2@news.povray.org>
Currently running:
POV-Ray (5 instances, each rendering part of an animation)
Firefox & Thunderbird
Handbrake
CloneDVD
UT3 Editor

My poor dual core can't keep up :(

I think I'm one of the few home users who could get some real use out of
an 8 core machine :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: I think I need more cores...
Date: 10 Feb 2008 21:39:47
Message: <47afb573@news.povray.org>
Chambers escribió:
> POV-Ray (5 instances, each rendering part of an animation)

> I think I'm one of the few home users who could get some real use out of
> an 8 core machine :)

I have been rendering on these:
http://impfarm.imp.org/boinc/show_host_detail.php?hostid=123
http://impfarm.imp.org/boinc/show_host_detail.php?hostid=113

Not mine.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 10 Feb 2008 21:47:04
Message: <47afb728$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Chambers escribió:
>> POV-Ray (5 instances, each rendering part of an animation)
>
>> I think I'm one of the few home users who could get some real use out
>> of an 8 core machine :)
>
> I have been rendering on these:
> http://impfarm.imp.org/boinc/show_host_detail.php?hostid=123
> http://impfarm.imp.org/boinc/show_host_detail.php?hostid=113
>
> Not mine.

Hey, nice to see that the IMP is doing something still - the website
hasn't had much activity lately (though I haven't been reading the forums).

Is it possible yet for users to submit jobs, or do the jobs still need
to be manually added by an admin?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com